Thursday, July 26, 2012

Then And A Lot Of Now

Guitars around camp fires
Green mountains
Heat
Dirt and dust
Rivers and sometimes the ocean
Rice fields
Jungle
Lush, lush jungle
The sun
Sunrise
Sunset
Always the sun
The sky red
Or blue
Or in between

Landscape passing by
Looking out
From the bus
From the train
From the back of a truck
Just sitting
Somewhere
Watching the world fly by
Wind blowing my hair
Or not

The world flew past
And I watched it
Felt it
Was part of it

Was that me?
I don't remember her
But she remembers me
I do remember her
I remember

Now life passes
While I watch
I can't stop it
Can't slow it down
It's passing
Where is it going?
Am I going?

Panic
My chest filled with ice
It's hard inside my ribs
I can't breathe
The rest of me is crying
I'm crying

Memories
Moments
Feelings
Freedom

Freedom?

Nothing is real
Really matters
And I'm full
Of nothing at all
Full of empty
Or too much of everything

I can't empty it out
I'm drowning in it

No comments:

Post a Comment