Sunday, February 12, 2012

Spewing

It’s not your first time
And it’s not your last
It isn’t food poisoning
It isn’t coincidence

Half an hour after dinner
Halfway down the row of doors
This time
Every time
It’s so important

Perhaps it’s your silence that gives you away
Your silence in between the moments I am not supposed to share
The moments I am not supposed to know about
The moments I don’t know how to handle because they’re like a punch in the throat
The moments that feel like claws on my bones

I’m gasping
No
I’m holding my breath

I know you’re waiting for me to leave
You know I’m in here
Halfway down the row from you
But you don’t know I’m listening
You don’t know
That I know

The air conditioning hums
I sit here and listen to the thing that isn’t happening

I bet you’re wondering what I’m doing
Why I haven't left yet
I know you heard me come in
Maybe you’re getting angry and frustrated
Waiting and hoping that I will leave
But I can’t now

Your need is getting stronger
I know what you’re dying to do

The walls close in on me
Get thicker and heavier
I wonder if they’re closing in on you
I wonder if you’re listening to me
Like I’m listening to you

I’ve been here so long now
Neither of us can pretend any longer
You can’t hold out
And I need to hear it

Need to hear you shove your fingers down your throat again
Need to hear you bring it up and get it out

You’re disgusted
By your need to do it
I’m disgusted
By my need to hear you

...

No comments:

Post a Comment